Retail Store Manager
|Wage / Salary||25/hr|
|Number of Positions||1|
- Day to day operational management of a busy retail store
- Staff recruitment, screening and hiring
- Staff supervision, training and support of an 8 to 14 person team
- Customer service and sales support
- Assist with business planning
- Flexible scheduling but must be available on Saturdays
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in retail store management.
- Must be living in the Banff or Canmore area as a permanent resident with long-term accommodation.
- Strong initiative, sales and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees.
- Ability to ensure thorough training of new team members. In house training information is provided.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Ability to redirect, reprimand and if necessary terminate employment when an employee is not performing to standards
- Submit payroll to the office manager
- Maintain stock levels on display and ensure general cleanliness of the store and displays
- Ability to maintain merchandise presentation standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Resume that shows related work experience. Please ensure that the starting month/year and finishing month/year for each position is clearly shown and will be verified by references.
- Cover Letter or Email indicating the position being applied to and explaining additional details related to the position requirements and your candidacy. Distance candidates must provide details of your moving plans including when you can arrive to begin work and where you are planning to live. If the position requires a particular minimum term of employment please explain your ability to meet the timeframe requirement. If you are on an open work visa you must provide the date that your visa expires.
- Employment references including name, position, company and current company phone number for your direct managers with your most recent and most relevant employment listed on your resume.
How to Apply
Please email (or fax) your complete application to:
Positive People Placement
Incomplete applications are unlikely to be considered.